Who let the dogs out!

Discussion in 'Pets' started by cuatro-gatos, Nov 26, 2011.

1. cuatro-gatos

cuatro-gatos In Flower

So yesterday after cleaning up all the Thanksgiving dishes etc, my sister-in-law and I go out for a walk to make room for the pumpkin pie. We get to the end of her housing tract which ends at a fairly busy street and 3 chiwawa type dogs (all wearing black doggie sweaters) go zipping by and are now crossing this busy street. I've rescued my share of dogs over the years, and it's been my experience, that the smaller the dog, the more likely it is to bolt into traffic to excape capture. But with the help of
    a neighbor (and a handful of turkey) all 3 amazingly avoided being creamed and we scooped them up.
    The angel neighbor corralled those pups up in her front yard and we hoped that the frantic owner would
    happen by. When we finished out walk 45 min later, they were no longer in the yard and we assumed they were claimed. That could have turned out very ugly, but looks like their person really had 3 more things to be thankful for.

2. Loading...

Similar Threads
    1. Ronni
      Replies:
      Views:
    2. Droopy
      Replies:
      Views:

3. Jerry Sullivan

Jerry Sullivan Garden Experimenter Plants Contributor

It is said that cats have nine lives, you have given three dogs a new lease on life. Lets hope the owner learns a lesson. Someone has you to be very thankful for with your timing good fortune. Congratulations!!

Jerry

4. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

What a pity the owner didn't hang around to thank you for rescuing her three little pooches. Maybe this incident will make her realise that they should have all have been kept on a leash. Well done to you and your neighbour for being so quick witted as to bribe them with turkey. :-D

5. Kay

Kay Girl with Green Thumbs

Way to go cuatro! I always love a good dog rescue story. Have a few of my own ;)

Advertisement
  6. Droopy

Droopy Slug Slaughterer Plants Contributor

Well done you! I hope the doggies just took advantage of an open front door and were not let out on purpose, poor things.

7. kathyd

kathyd In Flower

Lucky doggies...you were their guardogian angel. :D

8. Philip Nulty

Philip Nulty Strong Ash

A good deed well done.