Wonderful Gardening tips I had to share.

Discussion in 'Fruit and Veg Gardening' started by Tooty2shoes, Apr 10, 2016.

1. Tooty2shoes

Tooty2shoes Hardy Maple

I was looking through some old issues of Cooks Country magazines. It was shared by Hannah Martin, from Bibbeford, Maine.
    She said that peeling Garlic use to drive her nuts. She then found that if you put on a pair of rubber dishwashing gloves, and rub garlic cloves between her hands. The garlic bulbs practically jump right out of their skins, and your hands do not smell like Garlic. What a super Idea.

Then I also read about how to take the Beet stains off of your hands. I love beets, but hated the fact that my hands would be stained for several days after peeling them. I often would put on a pair of those dishwashing gloves to keep my hands from being so badly stained. But they made peeling and cutting up my beets very unhandy as the gloves where always to big and getting in the way. Often I found myself cutting holes in the gloves by accident.
    In Cooks Country I found an article that said if you use a tooth whiting toothpaste, that it will take the stains out of your hands. Yippy! No more gloves. I bet it would work for taking stains out of fabric as well.

2ofus, Frank, hummerbum and 3 others like this.
  2. Loading...

3. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Great tips Tooty and I will be using both from now on.:headbang: I do sooo hate my hands being covered in beetroot stains which take ages to disappear and having them smell of garlic isn't at all pleasant either. Thanks for posting these tips for us.

Tooty2shoes likes this.
  4. Tooty2shoes

Tooty2shoes Hardy Maple

So glad they helped you. I thought I just had to share. I love good ideas to make ones life easier.