Woodworking project

Discussion in 'Member's Gallery' started by Polly, Dec 28, 2006.

1. Polly

Polly Thumb Gardener

These pictures are of some of my husbands work. As I mentioned before he is disabled from an accident two years ago. He now does woodworking and furniture repair. It is something he can do at his own pace and when his strength allows. He made two of these tool chests for gifts for his sister's grown children. They are made of old wood with different grains and coloring. They are aboout 18" x 30" and stand about 20" high. There are two drawers that open on the top and the bottom door drops down to reveal a portable tray with handle.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

We will be taking them when we visit this weekend. I hope they like them. If not, I may bring one back home with me.

2. Loading...

3. EJ

EJ Allotmenteer Extraordinaire

How could they not LOVE them! Such gorgeous workmanship. Could do with him here as we are on the look out for a butchers trolley for the kitchen as we need more storage/surface area now the new cooker is installed. Just lovely!

4. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

"If not, I may bring one back home with me." Gosh Polly of they don't like them then there's something far wrong with them!! :eek: They are fantastic. :smt026 I wish Ian had a few of them in his shed as it would save all his odds and ends lying around for me to trip over. Your husband has a wonderful talent with wood - how I envy you. :-D

5. stratsmom

stratsmom Flower Fanatic

What an awesome gift! He does such beautiful work :setc_005:
    Deanna
    :-D

Advertisement
  6. zuzu's petals

zuzu's petals Silly Old Bat Plants Contributor

WOW!! :eek: Tool chests beautiful enough to keep in the living room!!

Aw, Polly, there's not a chance in the world that you'll get home with one of those!
    You'd NEVER get one back from hubby or me, if we ever laid our paws on it. :D

I didn't know about your hubby's accident, I'm so sorry he was hurt.
    He's an extremely talented craftsman.

7. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Polly, tell you husband that those are absolutely gorgeous. I showed the pictures to Randy....now I need to clean the drool off my keyboard...he figures if the kids don't want them you could sell one to him :-D

8. reggaefan

reggaefan Official Poet Laureate

Beautiful work your DH has some talent

9. Evil Roy

Evil Roy In Flower

If they don't like them, feel free to apply a generous "Dope Slap" to both of them. Like Toni said, I'd be proud to own one.

10. glendann

glendann Official Garden Angel

I am flabhbergasted,Those are absolutely beautiful .I would love one myself.The workmanship is out of this world.I'd be ashamed of antone who wouldn't want one of those.

11. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Those are gorgeous Polly! I'm quite sure that you won't be getting home with those...

12. bethie

bethie Young Pine

How lucky they are. They must have done something awfully good to merit one of these. Beautiful wood and beautiful workmanship. There could be one in Your future too. After all, who sleeps with the maker? 8)

13. Polly

Polly Thumb Gardener

They were a hit today. They are made of old wood (mostly red oak and white oak) that my husband's sister had bought years ago at an auction. My husband supplied the handiwork. He is very talented at it but it does take him quite awhile sometimes. Because of his accident over two years ago (he fell from a second story roof while roofing and suffered several injuries of which all have healed except problems from the head injury that are unlikely to improve) he suffers from short term memory and attention problems as well as easily fatigued, but he enjoys the work.

Another nephew wants one but he has an order for a grandfather clock first that has to be done. It all keeps him busy.

14. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

Those are beautiful and everything that you have posted that was made by him was beautiful. It must make him feel good to be able to do them. I'd take one any day. Dooley

15. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

I wish I had the skills to create pieces like that Polly, you should be proud of hubby :) The portable tray is great!

16. glendann

glendann Official Garden Angel

I was sure you wouldn't bring any back with you.