Discussion in 'Pets' started by m2, Jul 21, 2005.
Say Hello to Max.
Border Collie / Husky / Wolf
None stop energy.
Decided to shout as you're such a long way away and he might not hear me otherwise.
He's Lovely M2 - how old is he?
Looks as though he's grinning for the camera. Bet you've had some great times together. Any amusing stories to tell about Max by any chance?
Welcome to the forums m2 and HELLO MAX! What an active looking dog. I bet he is a bit of a handful most of the time How old is he?
Nice website by the way m2!
Hi Eileen and Gardenstew.
Max will 2 years old in August. HUGE handful. Did not realize just how much energy he would have before we got him. WOW. Still not enough energy to tire out my 4 year old son, but pretty close.
Max only has 3 memorable stories, really. But he is still young.
1) We got him when he was 12 weeks old. 1 hour after bringing him home, the neighbors cat came over and showed him whose boss. He has had a mad hate on for all cats save one since then. The one he does like, is the one he lives with, who hates him
2) At the begining of Spring he was snoozing in the backyard about 10pm when a young kid hoped our fence, from our neighbors yard into ours. (Break-ins are fairly regular over here). Max, being almost all black was completely invisible. Once Max was about 2 feet away he started barking really loud. Scared the crap out of the kid who flew back over the fence and was caught by our neighbor.
3) In the winter he is always digging holes in the snow and burying his head. No idea why, but I did not like all the holes everywhere. I read that if you put Cayane Pepper in a whole they will sniff it as they dig, causes them to sneeze etc. and soon enough they will stop digging. Tried it. turns out Max really likes pepper.
Those are the only stories he has so far.
Two problems with him though.
1) He seems to have a dislike for everyone and every animal who is not a member of the family. People he sees everyday (neighbors and their dogs) he barks at and they will not come near unless we are around (when he is a perfect angel). Still trying to figure out a problem that only exists when I am not around.
2) He ALWAYS has to be ahead of the pack when we go for a walk. If my son gets more than a couple feet in front of him, he starts to really pull and whine. I understand and have the whole Alpha Male thing down pat at all times except during walks.
And that, ladies and gentlemen, is the story of Max(imum Energy)
Hehe I just loved that post Myles. Made me laugh a lot. Max does seem like quite the character!!!
Myles I've just got round to reading your tales of Max. He certainly seems to be keeping you all on your toes.
Re your problems with him - if you'd like to PM me some time with more details I think I might be able to help a little.
Had to smile at the story of the kid Max scared off. I'll lay bets that's a lad who wished he'd stayed at home that night.
Strangely enough our labrador, Blue, used to shove his face in the snow too when he was alive. He never dug holes though just ploughed the snow along with his face and seemed to enjoy every minute of it. :?
Max is tonnes of fun. Going camping this weekend and will see if he will go in the water. So far he hates water, but a lake is different than a bath tub right
Separate names with a comma.