Working dogs

Discussion in 'Pets' started by dooley, Jul 22, 2005.

1. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

I saw a lovely big dog today at the mall. But it was wearing a vest that said "I am a hearing dog. Please do not pet me." The lady who was leading him was deaf. I don't know enough sign language yet to talk with her. She was eating ice cream and that dog was watching every bite she took expecting each one to be his turn. She saw me watching and knew what I was thinking because she said, "He gets his share of everything." She was laughing. Our dog sits by my husband at the table and waits expectantly, too. Dooley

2. Loading...

Similar Threads
    1. toni
      Replies:
      Views:
    2. Logan
      Replies:
      Views:

3. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

We have a 'seeing' dog in the village Dooley and his owner is delighted with her. No more walking along tapping a white stick - now he can get out and about without a problem. Every day he takes Sam (short for Samantha) down to the fields and lets her off the leash. That's when she gets her 'fun time' away from working and they play ball with each other. Both enjoy it sooooo much. Sam brings the ball back and pushes it into her owners hand so that it can be thrown again. They obviously love each other to bits as I'm sure your lady and her 'hearing' dog do. :D

4. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

dog cookies

Today, while I was volunteering at the library, my son and husband went shopping. Brian bought dog cookies. They look and smell like people cookies but they are not. There were decorated sugar cookies, sandwich cookies and some that looked like fig newtons. The dog loves them.
    My son bought crickets. He has two lizards. One is a plant eating lizard, but the new one eats bugs, so he buys crickets. He rescued that lizard because it is damaged and would not have survived in the wild. Dooley