Xylona's Children

Discussion in 'Member's Gallery' started by xylona, May 15, 2008.

1. xylona

xylona Seedling

Here are pictures of my children.

[​IMG]
    This is Xanna, our red haired cat, whom we rescued from the Humane Society in Tukwila, Washington.

[​IMG]
    This is Snickers, the stray we rescued.

[​IMG]
    This is Anna, whom we rescued from the Humane Society in Quincy, Il.

2. Loading...

3. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

What a lovely family you have Zylona. :-D Xanna, Snickers and Anna have certainly found a loving home with you. I'm so pleased to hear that they are all rescued pets as so often people ignore animals like these in favour of expensive pedigrees. You must show us more photographs of them as we do sooo love animal piccies. :D

4. Wrennie

Wrennie In Flower

Nice looking children you have there!

5. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

Beautiful pets Xylona, you must tell us more about their personalities. Who is the most mischievous?

Advertisement
  6. Droopy

Droopy Slug Slaughterer Plants Contributor

They're lovely, all three! I'm so glad you adopted them. Both our cats are strays that just moved in. I wouldn't trade them for anything. :stew2:

7. xylona

xylona Seedling

Well Snickers is the most mischevious for sure! She gets into absolutely everything.
    Anna is extremely shy until she gets to know you, then she becomes a normal pain in the neck. She becomes the biggest attention hog on the planet. She is definitely a "me, me, me" kind of girl, once she is comfortable with you.
    Snickers and Anna were also a team when left in the house by themselves. Snickers would run across our desks, coffee tables, and windows, knocking off everything she could. Once it hit the floors, Anna thought it was free game and it got chewed on, shredded and/or eaten. Unfortunately due to this and some other problems we have had with Snickers, she has now been relegated to the laundry room and outside.
    Xanna is the most quiet, although she was quite strange when we first adopted her. We believe she was a lab cat before we got a hold of her. She has "097" tattooed in one ear and "010" tattooed in the other. She also did not feel comfortable if she wasn't in a box, or under a bed...although our kitchen cabinets were her favorite place to be. She has since relaxed and lays on my husband's chair about 23 of the 24 hours out of a day. She gets up to do her bathroom duties, eat, and then it is back to lounging in the chair for her. :)

8. tschnath

tschnath In Flower

They are all beautiful. Sounds like they are all much better off with you. It's great to have people like you to help them out. It's so heart breaking to me when I find out an animal has been negelected or abused. I wish I could adopt them all but that just can't happen. You get a patt on the back for your rescues. Thanks for sharing.

9. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Wonderful pictures of your children xylona! I love to hear when people rescue animals. They look very happy!

10. Biita

Biita Arctic-ally Challenged Forager

Great looking family,, and well done rescuing them. I just love the personalities of animals,, their great!

11. glendann

glendann Official Garden Angel

Such cute children .The sweet little Anna is just so sweet looking.The Kitty's are so interested in the camera.

12. stratsmom

stratsmom Flower Fanatic

You have a beautiful family! I am a dog/cat mom too :p
    Deanna
    :-D