Yard walk 20 Aug.

Discussion in 'Member's Gallery' started by Capt Kirk, Aug 20, 2008.

1. Capt Kirk

Capt Kirk Thank a Veteran today!

I HAVE got to start taking my camera to exercise! I came home from exercise this morning and there in the driveway were the 8 wild turkeys getting gravel for their craws. Well I didn't have my camera and they all took off. I did go for a walk with my camera and got a couple of pics. The wild Fall Aster has started to bloom.
    [​IMG]

And if you remember that back in June we had a storm come through and took out the tops of several trees. They were all Honey Locust. One of them has new limbs starting to come out on it, so it will stay. But the top snapped off right where the woodpeckers had drilled holes in it to nest. Here are a couple where it didn't break off.
    [​IMG]

2. Loading...

3. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Loverly pictures Capt. I really like your new camera, mainly because now we get to see more pictures of your plants and the places around you.

I am going to miss hearing our neighborhood woodpecker next spring. The landlord of the lady next door took down the big, dead tree he had been rat-a-tat-tatting on for years. :'(

4. Capt Kirk

Some of those dead trees, if they are hollow sound like drums when they hit on them. Both the Black locust and Honey locust have a ewally sweet sap and the big black ants love them. That draws the woodpeckers and the nuthatxhes.

5. Droopy

Droopy Slug Slaughterer Plants Contributor

Lovely photos, Capt. Please remember that camera tomorrow. I would have loved to see wild turkeys.

Advertisement
  6. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

Nice shots Capt, just strap the camera around your neck so you don't forget it. Could be difficult to jog with however :)

7. glendann

glendann Official Garden Angel

Sorry you didn't have your camera Capt as I would love to see the turkeys up close.Love your photos of your wild plants.

8. Capt Kirk

I was just out in the backyard and got a good shot of a butterfly in the Rose of Sharon.

[​IMG]

9. Droopy

Droopy Slug Slaughterer Plants Contributor

It certainly is pretty, and such a lovely colour combination too! You'd think it did that on purpose. :D

10. kuntrygal

kuntrygal Texas Rose

We all love your new camera. Now you have to remember to make it part of your wardrobe and never leave home without it!!!

11. gardengater

gardengater Young Pine

Really good pictures, Capt. Love those wild Asters and the cameras take really clear, crisp shots. Keep it up!
    Gardengater