You could own this.

Discussion in 'Member's Gallery' started by Palustris, Sep 29, 2017.

1. Palustris

Palustris Young Pine

2. Loading...

3. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

Palustris, where are you going? Please take the Stew members along with you--show us your new place, what you are doing, and anything else you want to post.
    If we weren't so attached to our little farm, I'd be very tempted to make an offer for your place, but you'd be disappointed with my gardening skills as compared to yours.

4. carolyn

carolyn Strong Ash

I have enough to take care of so I am not in the market but I hope whoever gets it is as dedicated as you are to keeping it so nice. it is beautiful there.

Philip Nulty likes this.
  5. 2ofus

2ofus Hardy Maple

What a beautiful place to leave! I'm sure it was a difficult decision to make and I hope you'll be happy in your new place. Are you taking any cuttings or starts with you?

Advertisement
  6. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

Mate, you are not selling-up, surely. Say it ain't so.
    What sort of plans do you have then? Will you seek a place with a garden ?
    I wonder if your home will be featured on "Escape To The Country".
    Well, I am sorry to hear that you will be leaving your present place with that very special garden; but if age is your motivation, I can certainly understand that.

I'm still having trouble getting my head around the news.

Cayuga Morning likes this.
  7. Palustris

Palustris Young Pine

Age and infirmity have caught up with both of us, so we need to move while we are still capable of doing it. Sad, but there it is. Better than sitting here and watching the garden deteriorate.

Sjoerd, Cayuga Morning and carolyn like this.
  8. carolyn

carolyn Strong Ash

yep... better to do it when you can than when you can't and wish you could. lots of decisions are taken out of your hands when others "help". I, also, have plans to move from here at some point. not yet, but I am not depending on my children to "help" us stay here like we are doing for DH's parents next door.... who think they are just fine. he has dementia and she is legally blind and mis-comprehends all the tie... "oh, I didn't catch that" when I have to remind her or repeat things. uh huh. no, we have 8 acres and it is mostly wooded and ravines. practically unwalkable or unusable. one ravine is 30' deep and the other is 50' deep. lots of leaves debris and running water... it all comes downhill.

9. Palustris

Palustris Young Pine

We are fortunate in that none of our children live that close so where we move, in this area which we love, does not really matter.

Sjoerd likes this.
  10. Cayuga Morning

Cayuga Morning Strong Ash Plants Contributor

Palustris, your garden is lovely. I hope you find a buyer for it who truly appreciates it and will keep it up. I also hope you find a new patch, maybe more manageable but still with a bit of gardening space. Good luck!

11. KK Ng

KK Ng Hardy Maple

30 years ago I would want it and try a way to get there! :)
    It's a beautiful place with full of possibilities ... nice!

12. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

I can see what you mean, PALU. That is so sensible. Will you guys look for a bungalow, hopefully without stairs or thresholds between rooms?
    Gosh, I am going to miss seeing your garden foto's, but I hope that you will remain a member here and stay involved in conversations. You have so much experience that I am sure that you will be able to help folks.
    Well, I am getting used to the idea of you upping sticks because I can see the sensibility of it.
    Good luck with your house search.
    My bride and I watch the Escape To The Country each day because it gives us an idea of life over there and it is interesting to see how the British folks organize the inside of their houses.

Cayuga Morning likes this.
  13. Palustris

Palustris Young Pine

Will still hang around and may even post pics of a new garden, that is if we ever manage to move. Yes a bungalow (so called because the builder ran out of bricks and remarked, "Bung a low roof on it then!") Could not live without an outdoor space to play in.

Sjoerd, Cayuga Morning and carolyn like this.
  14. Cayuga Morning

Cayuga Morning Strong Ash Plants Contributor

P, I feel the same way about having an outdoor space to play in.

15. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

Hiya Palu,
    Thanks for the explanation of the origin of that word. I had always wondered how the word came to be. I can see that having that outdoor space would be essential...even if one is downsizing. I cannot imagine not having some sort of outdoor space.
    where are you folks looking to move to?---what county, I mean.
    There are so many really nice counties to live in over there. We are always amazed at the variety of homes and locations.

16. Palustris

Palustris Young Pine

Will stay local. There are nice bungalows (Indian word, my explanation was a joke) in one of the villages nearby.