Young pear tree

Discussion in 'Member's Gallery' started by whistler, Jun 9, 2009.

1. whistler

whistler Seedling

I bought a young pear tree last year and there are lots of small pears on it. This is a photo of one of the branches.

[​IMG]
    A branch on my young pear tree with lots of fruit ( photo / image / picture from whistler's Garden )

2. Loading...

3. Sherry8

Sherry8 I Love Birds!

We used to have pear trees at the last house. We always tried to get them picked before the hornets got them...Our branches were so full we had to prop them up with pieces of wood....enjoy them..

4. glendann

glendann Official Garden Angel

It really is loaded.I wonder if you may need to thin the fruit some to have larger fruit and to prop up the limbs to keep them from breaking.My pear tree limbs are easy to break.

5. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

I put in 2 pear trees 2 years ago and I'm still waiting for fruit! Is there a trick?

6. whistler

whistler Seedling

I don't know if there's a trick or not but I put in 2 pear trees last year and only this one has fruit on it. We had a cold spring and windy at times. I lost a lot of blossoms on all my fruit trees, but this pear is doing very well in spite of all that. Yes, I prop up branches and use guide wire or stake.