your day apart from gardening

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Logan, Mar 25, 2021.

1. Cayuga Morning

Cayuga Morning Strong Ash Plants Contributor

Yes sometimes we women get up to complicated things with laundry and washing machines.

Doghouse Riley, Logan and Sjoerd like this.
  2. Logan

Logan Strong Ash

This morning went to the opticians to have my eyes checked and for 4 years I know that i have a cataract in the right eye and it's got to the stage when they'll do something about it, now i have one in the left one but not so bad.
    To have it done I can go to a private hospital but still through the NHS because of Covid there's a backlog with the NHS.
    Hopefully I might have both of them done but not at the same time.

3. Logan

Logan Strong Ash

Have to be careful with dark colours so don't put them with the whites or the pastels, that's all I do and everything goes on the 40s cycle.:)

4. Cayuga Morning

Cayuga Morning Strong Ash Plants Contributor

@Logan Our daughter, who is by no means a "clotheshorse" does complicated things with the drying of her clothes.

I recently went camping with s girlfriend and she did complicated folding things with the tent when it was time to break camp.

Logan likes this.

Advertisement
  5. Doghouse Riley

Doghouse Riley Young Pine

All my clothes are pretty much dark colours, so they can all go in together. I do wash my Ben Sherman shirts separately, rather than in with the rest of my "scruff."
    My wife has the ability to know just when to take her clothes out of the dryer and put them on hangers so any creases fall out.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2021
    Logan likes this.
  6. Logan

Logan Strong Ash

Yes people can do a lot of strange things with anything, I have to fold the towels so that can't see the label.

7. Logan

Logan Strong Ash

If I don't want to iron anything out of the dryer, I don't let it go on the cool down cycle and the creases will fall out. I've done that when they're dry so I don't have to iron them.

8. Doghouse Riley

We've half a dozen sets, of two bath towels and two hand towels, in different colours.

Bath towels are folded three times into a square and go into a large storage cupboard, part of the run of wardrobes in the bedroom.
    Hand towels are folded in half lengthways and are rolled up (edges to the back) and placed on a stainless steel wire shelf above the tall towel rail in the bathroom.

Logan likes this.
  9. Doghouse Riley

It was a bit of a frustrating day. On Sunday I made an on-line request for something to be done about the Flymo Scirocco blower/vac that I bought in April this year and packed up on Sunday.
    I'd heard nothing for four days, so I followed up with a phone call to Flymo today. Turned out that they had sent me an e-mail on Tuesday but it had gone straight to spam!

Anyway, they'd given me the address of the service agent about seven miles away. Suggested I phone before taking it there.

No answer on the phone.

So I took it anyway. Apparently, they're "too busy" to answer the phone, although they were polite about it. I was asked to provide proof of purchase. As I'd bought it on-line all I could give them was a cut and paste of the charge on my credit card statement. That wasn't good enough,
    so I came home. When I'd asked how long a repair would take. They said about two weeks as there's a shortage of parts.

Phoned Flymo...No answer so I sent another e-mail, saying, the whole situation was a nightmare and I was far from happy, (but nicely). Got an email back within an hour saying they'll replace it.

Logan likes this.
  10. Logan

Logan Strong Ash

Going to defrost the freezer.

Sjoerd likes this.
  11. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

What a job !
    Wishing you strength. I did mine a coupla months ago to make way for the harvest. It is always a big, messy chore. Good luck.

Logan likes this.
  12. Logan

Logan Strong Ash

Thank you Sjoerd, it's a upright freezer so have to take all the drawers out and cover them with a lot of blankets so that everything doesn't thaw out. Hubby usually lifts them out but after his hernia surgery I'm going to take some of the stuff out and put it back in the drawers
    In some ways i like doing it but it takes so long. I do it at this time because I've almost finished with the harvesting apart from the blackberries and that it will be ready for the Christmas foods later.

Doghouse Riley and Sjoerd like this.
  13. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

Yeah Loggs, mine is upright as well, so I know the drill. Finding a place for the still frozen stuff is a bit of a problem. Some can go in the fridge, but the rest has to go into freezer bags...and the water...oh, the melt-water. That is a challenge to keep that contained. It keeps me hopping. Haha.
    Good luck with yours job.

Logan likes this.
  14. Logan

Logan Strong Ash

Thanks Sjoerd yes it went well, even hubby joined in but really I wanted to do it myself, he's so different how he went about breaking the ice. Don't have trouble with the dripping water have a roasting tray on the floor 2 bath towels under that and there's a funnel that slides out of the base of the freezer. I think that i would have done it a bit faster if I did it myself.

15. Logan

Logan Strong Ash

Been following this volcano in Iceland