your day apart from gardening

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Logan, Mar 25, 2021.

1. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

That is a lovely swag. The makers have made it look very attractive. It looks frosty and cool.

Logan likes this.
  2. MIKE ALLEN

MIKE ALLEN Seedling

Least of my thoughts today was the garden.

Very little sleep Monday night. Strange but true. I can go to bed knowing I have an appointment etc next day. I will automatically wake up and be on the ball so to speak. Even some sudden emergency awakening, no confusion whatever. However today, Tuesday 3.5.22 I was due at the hospital for another CT scan. I have become an old hand with these scans, having undergone several over the past eight years for cancer. Anyway as usual. I set the alarm clock for 07.15, turning in at 22.00hrs. Now starts a night of cat-naps. At least twice every hour I checked the time. Then back to listening to...tic toc, tic toc. Being used to hospitals and my problems. Several visits to the bathroom IBS. Amanda, my youngest daughter arrives to take me to Guys in London. Appt. 12.00 noon. No sooner arrived and in I went. Canula inserted into the back of my hand for a dye to be injected. !2.27 All done and leaving the hospital.
    So much is being blamed onto the Covid pandemic. However in respect of hospital appointments, whereas several patients were given the same time, now it's just you. I have to say in all sincerity. I have nothing but praise for Guys hospital and staff.

Tetters, Logan, Sjoerd and 2 others like this.
  3. Logan

Logan Strong Ash

Thank you Sjoerd, I hope that it looks like that when it arrives or it will be a waste of my discount code, I can only use it once and I will have to take it to the local post office to send it back but that is free, just a bit of a inconvenience.

Last edited: May 5, 2022
    Sjoerd likes this.
  4. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

Fingers crossed for you, lass.

Logan likes this.

Advertisement
  5. Logan

Logan Strong Ash

Thank you Sjoerd, it should arrive today so i'll keep you posted.

Sjoerd likes this.
  6. Logan

Logan Strong Ash

I got my cone swag today, it's lovely couldn't take it out of the box but did some close ups of the cones and branches, it's got a lot of frosting on it but can call it flocking. Have to be careful with the frosting it does fall off a bit, it's the same as the Christmas trees that we have.
    IMG_05052022_193608_(864_x_486_pixel).jpg
    IMG_05052022_193647_(864_x_486_pixel).jpg IMG_05052022_193716_(864_x_486_pixel).jpg IMG_05052022_193810_(864_x_486_pixel).jpg IMG_05052022_193832_(864_x_486_pixel).jpg IMG_05052022_193855_(864_x_486_pixel).jpg

7. Logan

Logan Strong Ash

Friday afternoons I usually wash my hair but today i coloured it instead.

Daniel W likes this.
  8. Logan

Logan Strong Ash

Yesterday went to see my friend Marion and did a bit of gardening for her, planted a hardy geranium that i gave her.

Daniel W and MIKE ALLEN like this.
  9. Daniel W

Daniel W Young Pine

I installed an air conditioner in my "my-room". Recently I also installed a ceiling fan. Now as ready as I can be for hot weather like theclast couple of years, and forest fire smoke season.

I also baked a loaf of sandwich bread. Still unsure if dough hooks make as good texture as kneading by hand. But it's still a good bread loaf.

Also starting a new sourdough starter again. I like that better than yeast but the rise is much slower and more unpredictable. I can only make sourdough if I'm going to be here all day to watch it.

10. Daniel W

Daniel W Young Pine

@MIKE ALLEN Best wishes and hopes for a good scan result. Mine is on Thursday. It doesn't bother me a lot any more. I got nine more years of life than they said I would have, and scans still negative so far. But I don't like dealing with all of the medical people. Not at all. And the side effects of medication. But I do what I have to do.

11. MIKE ALLEN

MIKE ALLEN Seedling

Thank you Daniel. My last two cystoscopy's were clear, so high hopes for this scan. Ooops, a blur showed up and it could mean the cancer has returned and is pointing toward my left kidney. A follow-up scan is in the pipeline. Been a member of this club since 2014. Not to worry. I have nothing but praise for my team and treatment. Take care. Best wishes.

Cayuga Morning and Logan like this.
  12. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

Mike, I sincerely hope that "blur" is nothing but a mistake. Please keep us updated on your health. We care.

Logan, Daniel W and MIKE ALLEN like this.
  13. Pacnorwest

Pacnorwest Young Pine

Mowed 3 acres. I’m pooped…

Logan likes this.
  14. Doghouse Riley

Doghouse Riley Young Pine

I'm watching a bit of Trooping of the Colour on TV.
    My parents used to get tickets to watch this and an invitation to the Queen's following garden party at Buck House.
    Might sound surprising. But my dad was a regular in 1st Battalion Grenadier Guards from the late thirties until 1945, he was in the BEF and so evacuated at Dunkirk.
    The Queen is Colonel-in-Chief of that regiment, so all such ex-guardsmen got tickets and an invitation to the garden party.

Cayuga Morning and Logan like this.
  15. Daniel W

Daniel W Young Pine

I hope you have a riding mower! Three acres of a push mower would be both brutal and heroic.

Logan likes this.