your day apart from gardening

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Logan, Mar 25, 2021.

1. DianneWoollie

DianneWoollie In Flower

I Love them, would look very good on a variety of goods..would love them myself on table mats

Cayuga Morning and Logan like this.
  2. DianneWoollie

DianneWoollie In Flower

Huge undertake..Our next door neighbour was Pebsham Farm at one time..in Bexhill on Sea, he had constructed a much smaller lake but it lovely and attracted lots and lots of birds in every shape and form, put in a jetty then he took yearly membership off Hunter types normally in full military type camouflage gear, with dogs to shoot as much as they desired for a hobby......it joined the Countryside Park and caused a lot of upsets..but he seemed to get away with everything..He turned the Farm into Industrial Units and so the traffic increased and so did the bad feelings. It turned out he had no planning permission for the industrial units and the local Rother County Council turned down his after post planning application, so as a Multi Millionaire he could afford to fight the decision so he took it to a higher court and it was a public hearing... and he won...Everybody else in the area were the losers...then the 1200 houses went forward and past for consent to build..we moved away at that point..Sorry about that @Logan it just stirred up good then bad memories....

Logan likes this.
  3. Cayuga Morning

Cayuga Morning Strong Ash Plants Contributor

Very pretty Logan. There is something very relaxing about water.

Tough situation Dianne.

4. Logan

Logan Strong Ash

It's ok but that's terrible @DianneWoollie when that happens.
    Thank you @Cayuga Morning
    People can fish there as well and the dogs have to be on leads.
    We used to train our first goldie around it to get him used to people, he liked them but too much, the idea was to calm him down but it didn't work.

Advertisement
  5. Logan

Logan Strong Ash

Yesterday pulled my back when I bent over to undo my shoes, so won't be doing much today, but it's getting better so it can't be too bad.

Sjoerd likes this.
  6. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

Oh my word—accidents like that are so mean. Something so simple and there went your back. We have a saying here that goes, “ Bad luck sits in a small corner” ( unnoticed and waiting for when one is unawares ). Hope you heal soon.

7. Logan

Logan Strong Ash

Thank You @Sjoerd yes I feel a lot better today but sometimes I can still feel it pull a bit, still got to be careful bending still. Hubby had to help me put my socks and shoes on. It was the lower back just above the buttocks area, I do have trouble there when I've been doing a lot of bending.

Sjoerd likes this.
  8. Cayuga Morning

Hope you feel better soon Logan. Back pain is tough.

Sjoerd, I love that saying! I'm going to use it: "Bad luck sits in a small corner".

Sjoerd and Logan like this.
  9. Logan

Logan Strong Ash

Thank you @Cayuga Morning it feels a lot better but have to be careful not to over do it.

Cayuga Morning likes this.
  10. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

That’s cool, C.
    I wonder if folks will look at you with a cocked head and say, “wtf are you talkin’ about” !?
    Chortle

11. Logan

Logan Strong Ash

Took barley out for his walk at 6am thought that he was getting a bout of the runs. So I rearrange my day just incase i have to take him out all the time, but he seems to be ok, didn't do anything else when he went out for his next walk at 10am and he's fast asleep in the chair. So I've been sitting around not doing much but at least he seems to be alright that's the main thing.

12. Cayuga Morning

I've been getting people appts for the vaccine through a volunteer website.

Also been very busy herding cats at the Community Garden.

Yesterday my husband & I took a walk at the Arnold Arboretum in Boston. Beautiful place. I'll post photos under it's own posting.

Also yesterday, we picked up my new ebike!!! Yes, sad to say I have succumbed to the lure of an ebike. But this way I'll be more comfortable on hills and will be able to do long distance trips with my husband again! PXL_20210428_172249172.MP_compress11.jpg

Pacnorwest, Sjoerd and Logan like this.
  13. Logan

Logan Strong Ash

That's great @Cayuga Morning if the ebike helps you then why not.
    Hubby got his second appointment for the vaccine next Thursday and mine is on the 17th this month.

Cayuga Morning and Sjoerd like this.
  14. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

Soooooo— who’s the lucky girl then, with her smart new bike !
    You be careful with that thing now, we are a biking country, but there are an alarming accident rate with e-bike riders. The bikes are heavy and one goes faster than he thinks, and stopping is a problem. Here they say often: the reaction time of older people is slower, while they usually move faster than normal pushbikes. Recipe for disaster. So beware, we wouldn’t want anything to happen to you. So sayeth my Bride.

You know; when we are on the bike paths, bent over forward and peddling hard into the stiff wind....and some erect-sitting eighty year-old comes zoofing by, passing as if we are standing still, my Bride always mumbles some derogatory comment like “cheater!” with this straight but irritated face. Ha,ha,ha,ha....oh dear.

BTW— It is good of you to be helping out with the prik appointments. It is a huge project in every country.

15. Logan

Logan Strong Ash

It's been 40 years since I've been on a bike, I don't think that i could now, as well as hubby would say that i couldn't be trusted.
    4 years ago I fractured my knee falling over a concrete bollard that was in the middle of the path to stop cars going on the paths at the back of the houses, wasn't looking where i was going.
    Didn't need a operation but had a full leg plaster for 6 weeks.