your day apart from gardening

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Logan, Mar 25, 2021.

1. Cayuga Morning

Cayuga Morning Strong Ash Plants Contributor

Oh dear Logan that sounds awful! Is your knee up to snuff now? Did this happen while walking or biking?

Sjoerd & Bride:. Yes, I have been cautioned about that by many and all. I've just taken it out on our own dead-end street so far. Tomorrow we plan to take it on its maiden journey. The town we live in is known for its hills. Nowhere is it flat! Alas! I'm hoping I'll be able to accompany my husband on his long distance rides. That's the plan.

Last edited: May 2, 2021
    Sjoerd and Logan like this.
  2. Logan

Logan Strong Ash

Yes thank you Cayuga I was walking with berry just around the back of our house, which was lucky, I wasn't looking where i was going and just fell over it. I don't know why but they're not anywhere else.

Cayuga Morning likes this.
  3. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

I have ridden an e-bike. The dealer where I bought my auto gives e-bikes for folks to bike home and back on while work is being done. Sometimes a chauffeur brings me.
    But what I wanted to say was that the e-bikes ride so easily. So effortlessly. Very addictive. We have a saying here that goes—“A warned person counts for two”.
    You are an intelligent and reasonable person, so I do not expect accidents. Just enjoy the thing, and the fact that you will now be able bike more with your man is the best thing about the new bike. We know folks here that have bought an e-bike for that same reason. So then, I will just say, “Bon voyage” !

Last edited: May 2, 2021
    Cayuga Morning and Logan like this.
  4. Cayuga Morning

Good to have your blessing Sj. I'll be careful. What's funny is that when I tried it the other day, just going up and down our road, I forgot to turn it on! Or rather, I thought I'd turned it on when I hadn't. So I'm going up and down our little road that has a bit of a hill, and I'm saying to myself how easy this is now!!! Chuckle. I think they call that the placebo effect. Anyway when I realized my mistake and actually turned it on, i was floored at how easy it was. I plan to use the power assist just when I need it. Not on little hills or the flats.

Advertisement
  5. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

What a hilarious story. We laughed so hard.
    It made us think back to the day that the in-laws and we had hamburgers for the first time at home. It all went well except for the Bride’s sister. She filled her bun with lettuce, toms, pickles, catchup and maty and was munching away...at one point she said that she didn’t get why so many people like hamburgers—- she had forgotten to put a burger pattie on her bun ! OMG.

Anyway, that was a funny story of yours, but when you turned itt on there was a dramatic difference. You can see why folks like them, eh.

Cayuga Morning likes this.
  6. Cayuga Morning

Chuckle!! A hamburger with no burger!

Sjoerd likes this.
  7. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

Ha, ha, ha...yeah. She got so caught up in conversation that she didn’t notice what she was doing. We still laugh about that.

8. Doghouse Riley

Doghouse Riley Young Pine

I decided this afternoon, to swop over the magazine in one of my jukebox wall boxes, which I can use to play mp3s on old iPods through my vintage hi-fi system.

I've three magazines, three i-Pods but only two wall boxes.

These.

I wish I hadn't.

The i-tunes playlist on the i-Pod I was going to use had lost some of the tracks. So I had to find the missing mp3s in the files in my laptop and reload them to the playlist and re-sync the iPod.
    You have to get the contents of the three pages in the correct order of how the wall box selects them. And if you miss out a track then the i-Pod will play the following track to the one selected for everything after it.
    I had 160 tracks on the playlist, the correct number but it was still out of step, so I had to work out which track it was ignoring, download another off You-tube and swop them over.

It wouldn't have been important to most but it was to me as I like think to be "right," even if I don't use it much.

Anyway...It's done. Took me nearly an hour.

Logan likes this.
  9. Doghouse Riley

Doghouse Riley Young Pine

I need to take the records out of my two vinyl jukeboxes and give them a clean. This is necessary every so often, (in my case it'll be more than a year). They tend to attract dust, you get static when there's a lot of electricity about. I also noticed that the little brushes that the stylii pass over on the way to and from the records to clean them are no longer very effective. Unsurprising, as they will be the originals. So I've ordered two replacements.

Stylus Brush-500x500.jpeg

They are extremely small, they'd easily fit on top of a 10p coin, but they were £7 each plus postage.

There are only two suppliers available, the one I used and another in Germany, who have a minimum order amount for sending to the UK, of 150 euros.

Still you can't complain, how many "appliances" can you name that are fifty years old, for which you can order a new replacement part?

Cayuga Morning and Logan like this.
  10. Logan

Logan Strong Ash

We had a cooker that was 30 years old and could get replacements for some of the things. Hubby had to get a cooker door seal from a local place but hubby had to fit it. But the top oven door seal was universal and didn't fit that well and didn't last long. One of the hob rings didn't work so got a new cooker, so much better with a ceramic hob cooker the electric hob heats up straight away.

Doghouse Riley likes this.
  11. Logan

Logan Strong Ash

Yesterday hubby had his second covid vaccination so i had to walk barley.
    This is a small wood close to where we live that we walk the boys
    20210507_190320.jpg
    Last year it had a lot of poplar trees in it but they were cut down.

12. Cayuga Morning

So is this photo from last year or this year Logan? I hope it is this year. It is such a pretty spring scene.

Here's a comparable one, taken this am on our road. Not so pretty as yours though. I had just stepped outside in my plaid PJ's ( oh yes) and the road beckoned to me (yes). I took a short walk down the road, enjoying the early spring morning.

PXL_20210506_111949962.MP_compress25.jpg

Last edited: May 8, 2021
    Frank, Doghouse Riley, Sjoerd and 2 others like this.
  13. Cayuga Morning

Logan, your photo should be considered for the Stew photo contest!
    @Frank

14. Logan

Logan Strong Ash

Thank you @Cayuga Morning it's this year, but there's no flowers at the moment. There will be some cow parsley later on.
    Yours looks lovely as well, you should be careful going out in your pajamas.

Cayuga Morning and Sjoerd like this.
  15. Logan

Logan Strong Ash

How do I find it? I've looked but couldn't see it thanks.