your day apart from gardening

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Logan, Mar 25, 2021.

1. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

Full marks, Mel. Really attractive and showing your artistic properties.

Oh, and Cayu— you have really hit my sweet tooth button with those…and their appearance…absolutely stunning.
    The cookie rope with the Christmas colours…the types of cookies, and dear me— those last ones! They remind me of acorns. Lucky souls that get those.

2. Melody Mc.

Melody Mc. Young Pine

Thank you so much @Daniel W , @Sjoerd and @Cayuga Morning .You are very kind. Thank you.

Man alive....those cookies Cayuga ...Holy Smokes!!! Such a gift of love and kindness. You demonstrate that in so many ways. I'm all about that braided cookie.....How long was that ?? how do you keep it together?

I'm sure anyone who's life you touch with your kindness is impacted in a postitive way. Thank you for sharing this post. (...tell me more about that lovely braid please :) )

3. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

What Mel said, Cayu.

Melody Mc. likes this.
  4. Cayuga Morning

Cayuga Morning Strong Ash Plants Contributor

Thank you Melody & Sjoerd. That cookie rope comes from my go-to Christmas cookie book. You cut the rope into 1/2" segments, then smoosh them on a cookie sheet. The next photo shows the result. They're mint cookies, very pretty. I'm thinking of dipping a few in bittersweet chocolate for a nice contrast. PXL_20221212_134449083.MP_compress18.jpg

PXL_20221212_134556110.MP_compress50.jpg

Advertisement
  5. Tetters

Tetters Young Pine

:drool:Amazing! Can't believe how much talent there is on this select forum :smt001

Frank, Pacnorwest and Cayuga Morning like this.
  6. Melody Mc.

Melody Mc. Young Pine

@Cayuga Morning - Thank you for sharing this. :) I'm keeping that one. My son is a big mint fan, and is coming to visit for a couple of days on the weekend. I was planning on making him some mint chocolate rice krispie squares ( they kind of tast like after 8 mints he says haha), but I think I will try these as a surprise. That looks like a wonderful reliable book. :) :smt114

Cayuga Morning and Tetters like this.
  7. Melody Mc.

Melody Mc. Young Pine

I made two more beaded Christmas ornaments. I'm hoping Hubby is well enough to put the tree up today. Until then they are living in the Ficus tree. :) I think, once I get better at making these, I will give some to family as gifts next year.

DSCN9871.JPG

DSCN9884.JPG

8. Daniel W

Daniel W Young Pine

That looks like a perfect cookie cookbook.

I bought a Betty Crocker version but can't find it now. I tried making some spritz cookies but the dough was way too firm. I wound up making them into bar shapes instead. I made a squash pie and decided I don't like it as much as pumpkin LOL. So I made some chili and rice.

Those are really nice! You will have a beautiful Christmas house for your family. I hope hubby is well enough too. Maybe stay away from ladders.

Well, as for my Christmas present, I decided on this.

6C4E70C6-CA5C-49D9-A629-2723EE3AB909.jpeg

I will spare everyone the details of why I might want a "spa like bathroom experience" as the label advertises, but after four abdominal and stomach surgeries, that "spa like experience" can be a welcome development. I installed it today, very easy if there is already an electrical outlet in the bathroom. Plus, most brands of toilet paper have undergone shrinkflation", smaller and shorter rolls than before, thinner paper, and costing more, whereas this just uses a warm water spray and has a warmed drying fan. Not a Christmas decoration but Santa is welcome to try it LOL.

I was afraid it might be internet connected, but it's not. So I don't have to worry about someone hacking the seat warmer or water spray.

Other than that, I loaded up the wheelbarrow with aged firewood from the "back acre", and brought it in for anticipated cold days.

Logan, Cayuga Morning and Melody Mc. like this.
  9. Melody Mc.

Melody Mc. Young Pine

Good for you Daniel. This is the coolest post ever. Thank you

Last edited: Dec 13, 2022
    Cayuga Morning and Daniel W like this.
  10. Melody Mc.

Melody Mc. Young Pine

@Cayuga Morning ..I made your cookies today :) They were a lot of fun to make, and Hubby gave two thumbs up. Thank you for sharing :) I'm taking some over to my neighbour this afternoon with her wreath and some shortbread.

Logan, Daniel W and Cayuga Morning like this.
  11. Cayuga Morning

Cayuga Morning Strong Ash Plants Contributor

Oh! That's great Melody. I bet your neighbor will be really pleased.

I like your ornaments too... They will catch the light on the Christmas tree.

Daniel, that looks like the kind of toilet that the Japanese have. Very high tech!

Melody Mc. and Daniel W like this.
  12. Pacnorwest

Pacnorwest Young Pine

How’s the yummy rasberry wine comin along… Sounds really tasty..

Melody Mc. likes this.
  13. Logan

Logan Strong Ash

@Melody Mc. those beaded ornaments look great, well done.

14. Pacnorwest

Pacnorwest Young Pine

Melody Mc. likes this.
  15. Pacnorwest

Pacnorwest Young Pine

Today finished using the battery op blower to blow all the leaves from the flower beds onto the grass , the front driveway, backyard and part of the pastures. Then mowed with my mulcher mower mowed all the leaf debris and fertilized the grass and pasture at the same time. Planted some new peony’s a new tree peony and several intersectional peony’s.
    Then up on the roof removed the needles from the last wind storm from the scuppers and down spouts. Oh the dang pine needles the long ones, short ones and small ones. They tangle up in the downspouts and block the water from draining .
    And tangled with the 2 year old buck in the back yard I yelled at him and scared him off, he seems to be quit skiddish. So I put down Plantskyyd grannuals to keep them away, and added another hot wire to the garden fence now 6’ high. They like to sneak in the barn and eat the horses hay when the horses are in the far pasture where they can’t see the deer. Sneaky and smart .