your day apart from gardening

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Logan, Mar 25, 2021.

1. Doghouse Riley

Doghouse Riley Young Pine

I don't get taxed on my state pension either.
    They take several thousand pounds off my company pension each year before I see a penny of it!

Melody Mc., Logan and Pacnorwest like this.
  2. Cayuga Morning

Cayuga Morning Strong Ash Plants Contributor

Thanks Melody. I'm about 30 miles west of Boston. We are predicted to get nothing more than tons of rain. It's raining now as I write this (Th pm) & supposed to rain hard all day tomorrow. Then the temps are due to drop considerably.

I think north of here is where the real problem will be, with lots of snow.

Anyone in the central post of the US? Getting whalloped? Or northern New England?

Melody Mc., Sjoerd and Pacnorwest like this.
  3. Logan

Logan Strong Ash

Yes hubby has a company pension and he does too, but they take tax off his state pension as well.

Melody Mc. and Pacnorwest like this.
  4. Pacnorwest

Pacnorwest Young Pine

56188432-9173-4518-B2CF-364EC2FD080E.jpeg This pic tell the whole story …garden work is Zero…and Yankee’s snow roll….

Advertisement
  5. Melody Mc.

Melody Mc. Young Pine

I'm sorry I missed this .

Again...sorry I missed this.
    and....Sjoerd you are an imp :) hahahaha

When Hubby built our home many years ago, it was initially going to be a summer cabin. He was all of 23 years old. The poor worn out black bear on the wall was a gift from his Dad many many years ago, from a fishing lodge that he was managing at the time. I would think if it came down, there would be a completely perfect sillouhette on the wall...almost like a chalk outline. :whistling:

Christmas was very quiet and slow this year, lots of PJs and weather related rest. :)

Sjoerd, Pacnorwest and Logan like this.
  6. Pacnorwest

Pacnorwest Young Pine

Not much goin on here… just the usual rush here and there…now that the storm is over if weather conditions are better in mountains up to the ski resorts with the boys…

Logan likes this.
  7. Logan

Logan Strong Ash

Hubby told me that he's getting another hernia on his right side this time. He's made a appointment at the hernia clinic in edgebaston Birmingham, the consultation will be £300. Not waiting for the NHS, have to be critical before they will do it.
    Today he had a x-ray of his hip, won't know anything for about 2 weeks, he's still waiting for a appointment to be assessed at a private hospital in droitwich called the droitwich spa hospital. They're treating NHS patients, that appointment should be before the middle of next February.

8. Pacnorwest

Pacnorwest Young Pine

Logan hernia surgery is no joke … or hip replacement . Between the two in my experience hip surgery can relieve severe pain and improve mobility. Lots of info here had three joint replacement surgeries. All about recovery…great info on utube too.

Hernia surgery is just plain miserable ..especially if they cut thru the tummy muscles. Just gotta wait out the pain , hope for good pain meds and fast healing ratio.

I like to have an advanced surgeon only does hip surgeries 100’s . Not a fly by night clinic that boasts, less pain ,less invasive, or quick recovery. Beware… no such thing…and know what type of implants from what manufacture are used.. look all the parts up are online check for defects. Trusting a doctor is 50% of a good outcome. The other 50% is your good skill at research. Includes hospitals and op rooms. Check for infection rates on hospital’s.

My DH is scheduled for leg by pass surgery in last week of .Jan. Using a fiber vein no natural veins in the legs are useable. Doing all my research the past few weeks, not lookin that great.. but still hold up HOPE.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2022
    Logan, Sjoerd and Doghouse Riley like this.
  9. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

Wotttt?
    …..an imp?!
    Who me?:whistling:
    Why Mel, I must protest.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2022
    Melody Mc., Logan and Pacnorwest like this.
  10. Logan

Logan Strong Ash

Thank you Pacnorwest, we'll keep all of that in mind, because the hip replacement is through the NHS haven't got much say in where hubby can go. He went private for his first hernia and recovery went well. They did all of the follow up appointment as well.

I hope that your DH surgery goes well.

Melody Mc. and Pacnorwest like this.
  11. Pacnorwest

Pacnorwest Young Pine

12. Dirtmechanic

Dirtmechanic Young Pine

Tried out the replacement pressure washer today. A smidge bigger motor and more pressure to run one of those 15 inch discs on wheels for cleaning the driveway. It worked good, but you still have to come behind and blow the dirt off or it resettles. Over all easier though and that was my goal. I had trained my wife to pressure wash the driveway but we are getting older and she bucked up this last go round. Maybe this will help.

Pacnorwest and Melody Mc. like this.
  13. Melody Mc.

Melody Mc. Young Pine

HAHAHAHAHA.....protest all you like my friend. You are indeed an Imp. The BEST kind. :flower::stew1::stew2: My kind of Imp. :D

14. Melody Mc.

Melody Mc. Young Pine

All will go well Logan. Everything will work out - it sounds like he is in very good hands. We have to have faith in the experts and I'm sure your Hubby will be feeling so much better soon. Good Canadian vibes coming your way Friend. ( maple leaf maple leaf happy face happy face hug hug hug).

Logan and Pacnorwest like this.
  15. Pacnorwest

Pacnorwest Young Pine

Pressure washing leaves me buzzin for hours after a day of pressure washing . And from the vibrations caused my fingers to curl up in a ball. Could not open them so had to have then surgically opened . Also causes trigger finger.
    Just a quick note please protect your hands it might be a good idea to wear thick gloves to cushion the vibration.
    But doesn’t everything look so new , bright and clean when it’s all done. Now..
    When ya comin to my house?

Dirtmechanic likes this.