your day apart from gardening

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Logan, Mar 25, 2021.

1. Melody Mc.

Melody Mc. Young Pine

This is wonderful news Pac. :flower::heart::flower:

Cayuga Morning and Logan like this.
  2. Melody Mc.

Melody Mc. Young Pine

Hi Rufus! :wave: Angus thinks you're brave for liking your bath.

Hey Daniel....your rub down first for no dander....is that like a product you rub in prior to bath time? My daughter is using a product like that for her new cat as she is allergic.

My eye drops, inhaler, nasal spray and antihistimins get me through a winter with Angus' dander. If there is one for dogs that you have used I'd really appreciate your comments on it.

I wonder if I cut my bangs...will my eye sight improve?.....:snicker:

Logan, Daniel W and Pacnorwest like this.
  3. Dirtmechanic

Dirtmechanic Young Pine

I had to look it up. For sure, mankind had control of making fire by 500,000 years ago. Today I wondered what they would have thought as I tested my smart switch by talking to my post light. They probably would have burned me! We are progressing but it seems a little slow!

Logan, Pacnorwest and Daniel W like this.
  4. Daniel W

Daniel W Young Pine

I just wet him down thoroughly with warm water, then use the generic version of Head and Shoulders Shampoo, rubbing it throughout his wool. But not his face or eyes or nose. Rufus has the wooly poodle hair trait from his mother, so he does not shed. He is supposed to be hypoallergenic, too but it's not 100%. After I let it sit a minute, I wash it all out again with warm water, the apply the conditioner (generic), same method. I dont know if this would help with non poolabradoodledors (my made up name for poodle labradoodle lab mixes) but he seems to like it and my eyes dont get scratchy.

Shampooing a cat? That cat will get even, and one-up, and then some LOL.

(Supposedly, Rufus's father was the result of a black labrador getting amorous with a labradoodle. His mother was a poodle or a labradoodle too. This is kind of like my ancestry too)

Last edited: Jan 31, 2023
    Logan and Pacnorwest like this.

Advertisement
  5. Logan

Logan Strong Ash

Last Monday hubby had his hernia repair surgery on the other side,he's doing well.
    This morning i thought that i would catch up washing the boys towels, but found that the washing machine wouldn't switch on. This has happened before, so what i did i slammed the door very hard a few times and it came on, but what a relief.

Melody Mc., Dirtmechanic and Daniel W like this.
  6. Pacnorwest

Pacnorwest Young Pine

Lovely flowers two of my favorites. Bell flower also adore the ‘Cup and saucer’ flowers. Had grown them a couple time from seed. They really do look like a cup and saucer..

Alrighty then you must have the magic touch or a short in the lid connection area. I still have my old machine I bought at Sears department store eons ago in the 80’s. It’s all metal. I have never had any problems with it and it has never leaked or required slamming the door to turn it on…

Melody Mc., Logan and Daniel W like this.
  7. Dirtmechanic

Dirtmechanic Young Pine

My 93 year old neighbor Binion and his running buddy last name of Fells coined a technique in their college days that they refer to as "The Fells-Binion Method of Mechanical Maintenance". They got stuck by a old car that just quit on them in the middle of nowhere at night with co-eds onboard. They had one tool, a hammer, and hit the engine with it. The engine started and away they went!

Last edited: Feb 3, 2023
    Logan, Daniel W and Pacnorwest like this.
  8. Daniel W

Daniel W Young Pine

I bought my most recent washer and dryer at a yard sale. The refrigerator, too. And my sewing machine. All Kenmore, all made in the 90s. The sewing machine might be from the 80s, Im not sure. All are FAR BETTER than new models with microchips and digital junk. They work better, don't leak, don't do weird stuff with no explanation, don't need a PhD to figure out.... I know they will wear out, but meanwhile they are just great!

One old thing that isn't functioning so well is me. I definitely need an overhaul and some new parts.

9. Dirtmechanic

Dirtmechanic Young Pine

Well -don't hit yourself with a hammer. I think that is just for machines.

10. Pacnorwest

Pacnorwest Young Pine

Daniel …The new washers always get mold mildew problems inside. My friend has to take the front door off and clean the mildew out constantly. She wishes she kept her old one.

Daniel, Well I had an overhaul. Trust me you don’t want to go there…both total hip joint parts replaced …..ugh…

We may be getting up on age but our experience is ..”Priceless”.

Sjoerd and Logan like this.
  11. Logan

Logan Strong Ash

Thanks all, i have a automatic washing machine, it's a indesit Innex. It's about 5 years old. I don't buy one with a lot of programs because i wouldn't use them. They don't last for a long time, only had 1 other issue with it switching on, but it could be a wire issue. The blue button is for a 50 minute wash.
    IMG_20230203_115549_(864_x_1536_pixel).jpg

Sjoerd and Pacnorwest like this.
  12. Logan

Logan Strong Ash

Yes that works well if that's all that you got.

Pacnorwest and Dirtmechanic like this.
  13. Logan

Logan Strong Ash

Watched these dogs this morning

14. Melody Mc.

Melody Mc. Young Pine

I hope recovery is coming along L.

I had a laugh at your washing machine solution. I recently parted with one that was 18 years old, and for the last 14 months required regular slams to get it to kick in. If it works it works :) Your washer looks very nice.

Logan, Sjoerd and Pacnorwest like this.
  15. Logan

Logan Strong Ash

Thank you Melody, yes there's probably something wrong with it but I've only had to do that twice, if it works it works as you say. Thanks about hubby he's coming along well.:)