Your Seeds For 2024?

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by S-H, Mar 31, 2024.

1. S-H

S-H Hardy Maple

Okay, I'm amazed now, honestly... Because another friend yesterday asked me, from where could he too buy these ghost pepper seeds? I simply shared the link of that local shopping website.

But I got a reply back from him, that they aren't available anymore... Seems like I was one of the lucky few, who now have these Bhut Jolokia seeds - I was watching out for them, so the moment they because available, I ordered without any delay. However now that I got mine delivered, they aren't available anymore...

Are these seeds really this rare??? :headscratch:

I guess so, as it's been a decade since I was trying to get them for myself. But now that they became available, I thought they'll be a regular item. As the thunder of Bhut Jolokia being the world's hottest pepper got stolen by The Carolina Reaper Chili, and now that too is superseded by Pepper X. But apparently these still seem to be pretty rare.

Screenshot_20240408-184605.jpg

Logan and Pacnorwest like this.
  2. Logan

Logan Strong Ash

When i buy very hot chilli seeds only have about 10 seeds in a packet and can get them easily.
    Couldn't you share your seeds with him, because he's your friend?

S-H likes this.
  3. S-H

S-H Hardy Maple

Yes, going to do exactly that.

Pacnorwest and Logan like this.
  4. S-H

S-H Hardy Maple

And I just got my German giant heirloom tomato seeds delivered to me - I'm seriously disappointed now, because I feel cheated...

ONLY 12 SEEDS??? :sete_019:

Well, if only 1 germinates, it'll still count as a success. As I'll be able to get more seeds from it. But this is ridiculous! I mean, if this is the level of seller's honesty, how to I know if I even got the real thing?

:headscratch:

I now have 2 options, either return and get all my money back. Or keep them, but write a nasty review of the seller, as well as give him a black star, (for all to see, with pictures)...

I just did the later.

1713530166781_copy_1512x2684.jpg

Pacnorwest likes this.

Advertisement
  5. Logan

Logan Strong Ash

That's a shame S-H.

Pacnorwest likes this.
  6. S-H

S-H Hardy Maple

Yeah, it is, but that what you sometimes get online.

However on the plus side, I got way more than what I had expected from the Jolokia seeds. And I even got a free gift of corn seeds with it. So that experience was a positive one.

So I won't let this disappointment ruin my mood. As I have plenty of good stuff already growing in my garden.

7. Logan

Logan Strong Ash

That's great then.

Pacnorwest likes this.
  8. S-H

S-H Hardy Maple

I talked to the seller via chat, and this (attached below) is what the arrogant little piece of #@&$ had to say to me.

Screenshot_20240420-082318.jpg

Nowhere on his page does it say that they only give 10 seeds. Not even in product description. So I wrote a nasty review, (attached below).

Parts which are not in English mean:
    Is there no limit to your miserly nature?
    Or are you simply in a joking mood today?

Screenshot_20240420-083320.jpg

I just had to do this. So that everyone else on that shopping website also gets to see what he did - Otherwise I wouldn't have been able to sleep last night...

Last edited: Apr 20, 2024
  9. Logan

Logan Strong Ash

You did the right thing, it should say on the packet how many seeds in it.
    Here i know some varieties just have 10 seeds if they're a hybrid but at least they tell you.

Pacnorwest and S-H like this.
  10. S-H

S-H Hardy Maple

I can tell from his arrogant and contemptuous attitude that he's some boy in late teens, (out to prove himself). He's obviously buying seeds in bulk from somewhere - And putting them in as little packages as possible, so this is his ticket to becoming a billionaire, (maybe gets to rub shoulders with Bill Gates and Elon Musk someday)...

:snicker:

Usually online retail is run by women over here. It's convenient for them to work from home like this, while also be able to take care of the house and kids. This is now specially true after the Covid-19 lockdowns. So majority of online stores are run and/or managed by ladies today.

So I can now tell from their attitude online, without even seeing who I'm talking to... The extra quantity of seeds (with a free gift) that I got from another retailer on the same shopping website - Was most probably a lady. As that's how they behave in the real world also. Always giving a little extra, so that the customer is always happy and remembers.

Like in some areas of China, if you walk out of a store without buying anything. Someone from the staff politely stops from before exiting and says: Please don't go away angry. You say, but I'm not angry. So they say good, let me now assist you in getting something at a discount.

You see, it is a taboo for them, if a customer walks out of your store empty handed. Because that's an unhappy or angry customer. Which in their culture attracts bad luck. So they'll do anything to keep you happy.

Disgruntled teens however will never understand this, not until they experience a massive failure - Thanks to their own doings...

So I wrote a bad comment, as well as gave him a bad rating. Therefore it'll soon add up, as he'll keep on offending others, (such people never change their ways). Soon his ratings will plummet to a point that his online outlet will start showing up at the bottom of every search.

So yeah, keep on continuing like that - Best of luck! I'll see what roaring business now comes his way in the near future. :like:

Meanwhile I'm ordering more seeds of a similar type from other suppliers. As he isn't the only one in the world who has giant beefsteak tomato seeds. :D

Last edited: Apr 20, 2024
  11. S-H

S-H Hardy Maple

Screenshot_20240424-172527.jpg

I just ordered these seeds, and guess what? I got another free gift!

That's how I can tell that this online store too must owned and managed by a lady. Because they always give something extra as a gift.

So this is how it really is over here now. 90% of everything online, is owned and operated by ladies - Specially after the Covid-19 pandemic lockdowns...

1713961767359_copy_1008x1363.jpg

12. Daniel W

Daniel W Hardy Maple

Ours has different construction but also gets very hot in the summer. We use it to dry laundry and make dried fruits.

13. S-H

S-H Hardy Maple

Just planted the German giant heirloom beefsteak tomato seeds. So let's now wait and see what type of tomatoes will actually grow from it - Or will nothing grow? As that too is a possibility, considering that the seller was behaving no different from a sack of a dung when it came to showing only a little decency and professionalism. Therefore I won't be surprised if these dozen seeds turned out to be expired and useless. But for now let's see what happens.

I actually only need just one to germinate and mature into a healthy plant. After which there won't ever be any looking back. As these are (allegedly) heirloom seeds. However now the suspenseful wait begins...

:smt012

IMG_20240430_111632_643_copy_1008x2296.jpg

Last edited: Apr 30, 2024
    Logan and Pacnorwest like this.
  14. S-H

S-H Hardy Maple

1715479991145_copy_2053x1297.jpg

And today I just saw that at least 3 of those German giant beefsteak heirloom tomatoes have sprouted!

:smt026

But now the question is, will they be genuine, or did the seller just passed me something else? Because judging from the nasty attitude of that particular retailer - I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if he turned out to be a swindler...

:sete_019:

However no way for me to find out for sure, until these seedlings grow. Therefore all I can now do it wait. But if anyone else over here has any experience with giant beefsteak tomatoes, I'd sure love to hear all about it.

Last edited: May 12, 2024
    Frank, Pacnorwest and Logan like this.
  15. Pacnorwest

Pacnorwest Hardy Maple

S-H so sorry to read of your seed saga. Hopefully in the end you’ll have something to show for all your efforts.

S-H likes this.