Yucca revisted

Discussion in 'Member's Gallery' started by Polly, Jul 20, 2006.

1. Polly

Polly Thumb Gardener

I posted this photo a few days ago or thought I did but no one could see the photo. So I am trying again. These yucca along our driveway have done wonderful this year - several of them at least seven ft. tall.

[​IMG]

2. Loading...

3. jubabe296

jubabe296 Official Garden Fairy

I'm glad you got your pic posted!! Your yucca are very pretty! The field between my house and Glendann's is full of yucca!! I dug one up to transplant in my yard and boy they have really long taproots!! Sadly it did not transplant well and it died.

4. muddybob

muddybob In Flower

I have variegated yuccas that really look nice. I never used to like the plant but in the right spot it can be quite a looker. Yours is nice.

muddy

5. prairiefeather

prairiefeather New Seed

Wow those are look great! I have a few of my root buds I've tried transplanting too, but I think I'm killing mine . :{ Its just too hot to grow much this year.

Advertisement
  6. Shanna

Shanna In Flower

Glendann and I bought us each a yucca plant not to long ago at Wal-Mart.They had them on sale for $2.00 each.I have enjoyed mine very much.I can't wait until mine gets as tall as yours Polly.Very pretty!!!

7. Primsong

Primsong Young Pine

7 feet! They look great there. I'm not familiar with them, but will have to give them a looking over next time I see one at a nursery. :)

8. Polly

Polly Thumb Gardener

My plants all came from a firend about 5 years ago. They were in the yard of a home they bought - they thought they were ugly - I saved them before they tossed them out.

9. Kimberly

Kimberly Seedling

My neighbor has two yucca's right across the street but yours are just full of blooms..her's only got a few this year. Very beautiful. :-D

10. Polly

Polly Thumb Gardener

Last year was the first year that we had many blooms so I guess they need to be in for awhile before a lot of blossoms are produced.

11. muddybob

muddybob In Flower

When we first moved here the former owner had yuccas in an area which is now pasture. Sheep and horses love the stuff and it just keeps coming back. I saw an herbal remedy for pain relief in horses in which yucca was a main ingredient. Does anybody know about this supposed property of yucca? If it does indeed work, I must have horses and sheep that feel fairly good most of the time.

Muddy