Zero to two cats in one weekend

Discussion in 'Pets' started by Polly, Jul 23, 2006.

1. Polly

Polly Thumb Gardener

My husband has been trying unsuccessfully for weeks to catch a raccoon in a live trap. Instead he catches stray cats. He decided he would like a cat for his workshop so we bought food, litter box, etc. I went away for the weekend. I returned this afternoon to find that yes he had caught a cat, named him "Hard Hat" and will now attempt to tame this cat so he can stay in the workshop. I thought fine and dandy. Then he tells me that the neighbor's daughter is moving into an apartment, can't take her cat with her and would like us to adopt him. "Puzzle" enters our family. I don't think I had better go away for another weekend without my husband.

2. Loading...

Similar Threads
    1. marlingardener
      Replies:
      Views:
    2. marlingardener
      Replies:
      Views:

3. Shanna

Shanna In Flower

I heard you there Polly.We have so many cats it is crazy.I have finally given away 4 and i would like to give away more but my husband won't let me.He says they keep the snakes away.And in our case they also keep the dogs and everything else away.There are so many of them everytime a dog comes in the yard they all gang up and chase it off.

4. Primsong

Primsong Young Pine

It can be so easy to end up with more - hopefully two is all you get. I know we've had to be firm with the kids here to keep our cat number at only one.

5. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

Just wanted to add that those are two of the best cat names I have heard in ages Polly, "Hard Hat" and "Puzzle" :D

6. Shanna

Shanna In Flower

Those really are cute names.I may need your help naming some soon.Usually all of our females get pregnant at the same time.Right now we have about 11 kittens and more on the way.Someone help me please!!!!!