The Song of the Little Shrike Thrush

Discussion in 'Bird' started by Bernieh, Sep 17, 2011.

1. Bernieh

Bernieh In Flower

There have been a pair of these gorgeous little birds ... Colluricincla megarhyncha or the Little Shrike Thrush ... hanging around our place lately.

They love to sing in the mornings and we just love listening to their beautiful song.

If you click on the following link, you will get the chance to listen to the rather pretty song of this little north Queensland bird.

http://youtu.be/pVRuougx2BU

wannabe likes this.
  2. Loading...

Similar Threads
    1. Kildale
      Replies:
      Views:
    2. Kildale
      Replies:
      Views:

3. Sherry8

Sherry8 I Love Birds!

I wish I had them to listen to...great sound coming out of them. We have the wren visit us in Wisconsin in spring and a little of the summer...his songs are wonderful and it brings a smile to my face when I hear them sing....I can't wait for next year for him to visit.

The american goldfinch and the housefinch make a wonderful song too...of course I like them all. The crows upset my dog and all he wants to do is go outside and chase them away. No other birds bother him except the crow.

4. Bernieh

Bernieh In Flower

They do have such a lovely song, don't they? I'm sure the Wren and Finches would be a treat to listen to as well. We're so lucky to be surrounded by bird song all during the day here. One of the advantages of living outside the city!

5. glendann

glendann Official Garden Angel

I love to hear all birds sing.

Advertisement
  6. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

During spring and summer here it's the breeding season for our birds. As they sing each morning to declare their territories you can't help but stop and listen to them all. We call it the 'dawn chorus' and, in my opinion, it's so much better that any human choir could achieve.
    Your Little Shrike Thrush has a really lovely burbling sound in its song that makes me think of water flowing over stones.

7. Bernieh

Bernieh In Flower

Eileen, our morning chorus here is just amazing. We're so lucky to have birdsong all year round and one of the most prominent chorus members every morning are the Kookaburras. They would be the most common bird we hear every morning and evening.