They ain't gouging!

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Capt Kirk, Feb 28, 2007.

1. Capt Kirk

Capt Kirk Thank a Veteran today!

I got gas yesterday and it was at $2.35 USD per gallon. This morning it was at $2.55 a gallon. Someone said it was because of VP Cheney being a bomb target in Afgjanistan. Someone else said if he had been killed, the price would have probably gone down! I know those of you in Europe are used to the much higher gas prices, but we here are not. It seems that 3 and 4 times a day the prices will change. One station has an electronic price sign. One guy started pumping at $2.19 a gallon and when he was done it was at $2.30 a gallon. He had to pay the higher price! That is just plane wrong!

2. Loading...

3. glendann

glendann Official Garden Angel

Capt,Your gas is as high maybe a little higher than ours here in Texas.I paid 2.19 a gallon night before last this was at a station that takes credit or debit cards only no attendant the other stations are about 10 cents higher a gallon.Yes,it is price gouging.We had got down to 2.05 a gallon and then all at once it went up again.

4. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

We are lucky to FIND any gas here in Ontario this week! There was a fire at a refinery 2 weeks ago and a rail strike. Many gas stations are out of gas, and anyone who still has gas has a limit on how much you can buy. They say it will take a week or two before it's any better!

5. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

It went up 28 cents here from Sunday to Tuesday. Dooley

Advertisement
  6. stratsmom

stratsmom Flower Fanatic

Here in Klamath Falls, Oregon it is $2.65 a gallon. I think we might be the only state that doesn't allow you to pump it yourself. Gas stations employ A LOT of minimum wage employees. Oregon's minimum wage went up to $7.80 on January 1st.
    Deanna
    :-D

7. CritterPainter

CritterPainter Awed by Nature

I'm certain it must be illegal to change the price mid-pump. Our lone gas station out here in the hinterlands was bought recently by someone who doesn't mind raising prices until they get to where noones buying (though since it's so far to the next station, I have to plan my fillups carefully) Runs about 20 cents a gallon higher than up in town. It was never that way with either of the former owners, so he can't use the excuse of it costing more cuz we are so far out, he simply lives in the city and has no connection with our little town, so what does he care?

8. Polly

Polly Thumb Gardener

I paid 2.39 tonight here in Michigan - up about 20 cents from last week. Makes me wish I lived closer to work so I could walk.

9. reggaefan

reggaefan Official Poet Laureate

Capt a friend of mine who of course has oil stocks said it is the American Free Enterprise system at work. Yeah right. He also said we had to drop prices during the election now we get to recoup our losses.

10. Desert Rat

Desert Rat The Dusty Blogger

"They ain't gouging" One of the great lies along with such others as,"The check's in the mail" and "Covers in one coat"

11. Polly

Polly Thumb Gardener

Glad I bought last night - it was 10 cents higher this morning.