Greenhouse construction project

Discussion in 'Greenhouse' started by carolyn, Mar 11, 2012.

1. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

What an amazing transformation from that first photograph!! You've all done a really great job on the polytunnel and I just know it's going to be well used. You must keep us all updated as you add more and more plants. We may not all have the space for such a big structure but at least we can share yours through your pictures. :-D

2. carolyn

carolyn Strong Ash

Jane, Jerry's truck? oh no, this one needs too many repairs for his needs. It would probably leave him stranded 100 miles from the railhead...this week it needed the oilpan replaced, two months ago, it needed the transmission repaired once and then replaced. The taillight has not been working for sometime, properly....got a warning for that, and then we replaced the fixture, but that didn't fix the problem, had to replace the socket not the light, just another $30.00: This is only this year... last year the ball joints and bearings had to be replaced and the truck was riveted together from the factory...you guessed it.....expensive. And it only has 60,000 miles on it. So I am guessing even if we gave it to Jerry he would send it right back, broken again, of course. So unless he is a guru mechanic no man would really want this one.

If he gets desperate, he can call, I guess.

Thanks Eileen. I am filling it little by little this week. Today I put in 20 flats of tomatoes and another 5 hanging baskets. Some flats of salvia and begonias. I'll keep taking pictures, though.

By the way on those elephant ears, today I saw a tiny bud forming on the top of a bulb.

[​IMG]
    Elephant Ear ( photo / image / picture from carolyn keiper's Garden )

[​IMG]
    black magic elephant ear ( photo / image / picture from carolyn keiper's Garden )
    this one I can see the bud elongating, Yipee! Finally.

3. tschnath

tschnath In Flower

Carolyn, I do have the space in the back and some in the front as well. And I have big plans...it's just going to take some time to get there. In the mean time I will live through my friends on the stew!

4. cherylad

cherylad Countess of Cute-ification Plants Contributor

Carolyn... that truck sounds like a real gem. Seriously. They don't make 'em like they used to. At least with the old ones, you could work on 'em without a computer! :-o

Advertisement
  5. carolyn

carolyn Strong Ash

Yep, Cheryl, A real gem. It's to the point of knowing what was already done and doesn't need to be done again, yet :rolleyes: Now the tires need replaced. :smt119 :smt022

Tschnath, Hopefully then, you'll not have to wait too long. I saw the pictures of your new house and I love it.

6. tschnath

tschnath In Flower

thanks Carolyn, will be posting that link tomorrow. I had already done a couple blogs today and that's all it lets you do in one day. we love it, now I just need to love the yard. lol!

7. carolyn

carolyn Strong Ash

It is a very good thing that Kevin went shopping on craigslist. I don't know where I would have put all of the plants I grew for my roadside stand :eek:. I have almost filled the house now. This is how it looks today. I still have a few more things to go in here yet.

[​IMG]
    4/30/12 ( photo / image / picture from carolyn keiper's Garden )

8. cherylad

cherylad Countess of Cute-ification Plants Contributor

9. carolyn

carolyn Strong Ash

Yep :eek: now as long as I can sell most of it, I will be delighted. I reallllly want to remodel my kitchen and without the extra income, there isn't any savings for a project that large and that's a :eek: sticker shock project. I want to pull the carpet in the family room and lay bamboo for the floors so it is really a major remodel, not paint and paper...