How many pets have you?

Discussion in 'Pets' started by Frank, Feb 13, 2005.

1. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

Starleraye -
    Here is a great topic to help you to post piccies of your pets http://www.gardenstew.com/about4115.html Looking forward to seeing photos of Boo Boo, Babygirl and Ratty :D

Catkins -
    Sorry to hear about Elvis' mishap and I hope he is feeling much better now. Poor little guy :(

2. Crazy Orchid Lady

Crazy Orchid Lady Seedling

My prayers are with Elvis, sounds like its been really rough on all of you. Hang in there, your love for him will get him through.

3. cajunbelle

cajunbelle Daylily Diva

We have 2 dogs, Lucky, who was bottle raised from 2 weeks old, and Charity a daschund, taco bell dog mix. My DD who lives with us has a lab mix, Nibbler the puppy from hell, whom I really dislike, Nibbler, not DD.
    1 fish
    about 20 assorted cats, the # changes bc of the strays and ferals. All of mine are altered, except Panther Boy. He was always too smart to be trapped and after 6+ years we can't even pet him. One day I will post some pics.

4. Frank

We must hear the story behind Nibbler Sharon. He sounds like a quite the handful :D I'm guessing he bites.

Advertisement
  5. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Oh Oh a nibbler in the family. Our Great Dane was one of those when she was a pup too. Nibbled everything - people, furniture, carpets, bedding, towels - you name it she nibbled on it!!! :rolleyes:

6. bethie

bethie Young Pine

My lovely pets

I have two German Shepherds. Kosmo
    [​IMG]and Zeb
    [​IMG]
    Zeb is now a year old. They are companion animals and guard dogs. In the last eight months we lost our two Rottweillers and our beloved pig all to old age. We have a cockatiel, Petey.
    [​IMG]
    He loves to fly around the house, supervised of course. We have ducks and geese and Koi and a resting pond full of tadpoles. It's where my water plants go to recover after the koi pigs tear them up.

7. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

What beautiful photographs of your pets Bethie!!! Kosmo is a very handsome dog and I'm sure little Zeb will be too when he grows up. :-D I see he's at the 'one ear up and one ear down' stage!! :D :D They look so sweet and innocent at that age don't they?

Does Petey talk by any chance? There was a cockatiel who used to come into the vets with his owners to get its beak and claws clipped. Every time I went near him he screamed like a lunatic and told me to P*** Off or else!!!! :eek: Charming little bird. :rolleyes:

8. DiDi

DiDi New Seed

My pets

Hey

I have two birds that are so in love.I have an adorable rat and a miniture poodle who thinks hes human.I love them so much, they feel like my own children.

9. Frank

Bethie your pets are adorable, especially Zeb. I love German Shepherds (my brother has one). They are magnificent dogs. I hope Petey is not as naughty as the cockatiel that Eileen described :D Thanks for posting these photos :smt023

DiDi we would love to see photos of your pets. We are a nosey bunch :rolleyes: :D

10. Pinkiered

Pinkiered The Rose Queen

Well, I have 3 dogs, 2 cats and one snake...I did have 2 mice, Stanford and Thermen but my snake got hungery. :'(

11. bethie

bethie Young Pine

reply to Eileen

We got "Petey" when he was just a baby and "he" turned out to be a girl. They don't talk nearly as much as the males. I've always had a bird of some kind. We used to have a little parrot that would scream "go lay down" every time one of the dogs came in the room. I wonder where he heard that... :)

12. muddybob

muddybob In Flower

That is funny. With our sheep dogs we use a lot of whistles to comunicate. I did not know the lady I train with has parrots and I was confused when I heard all the whistling from the house. Plus they do a "LIE DOWN" that sounds just like her. One of them likes to say "huckleberry" in a sing song sort of way. Huckleberry is her husband's dog.
    Here we have two border collies (just lost my third to cancer), three Australian cattle dogs (hubbie's),
    two cockatiels (hubbie's), three horses (ours), and various livestock (sheep, ducks, geese and chickens).
    Life is good here on the farm.

muddy

13. glendann

glendann Official Garden Angel

I just think Old English Sheep Dogs are the greatest dogs in this world .I
    love my little Oreo with all my heart.I wouldn't trade him for anything else . I had an old English Sheep dog named Oliver Edward Marvinsdale.We called him Marvin .He was so smart.He was a giant dog he was run over while asleep was laying way off the road.Then we had Sir Walter Rileigh.We called him Wally.He was poisoned in our fenced in yard .Then we had Hank .He was the smartest dog I ever saw .He did everything you told him to .He died of old age.He died in his sleep.I have nothing but fond momories of all three of our sheep dogs .I would get one now but they are to big for this old woman to care for .
    My oreo is all I need.

14. Polly

Polly Thumb Gardener

We have Hard Hat, a stray cat my husband is taming to be in his workshop with him. We also have sort of adopted the neighbor cat, Puzzle. He just doesn't know it yet. He can't decide which place is home.

15. cajunbelle

cajunbelle Daylily Diva

Whoops, -1 fish, Kittles decided to have him for dessert one night, little hussy.