Loofah Shoots

Discussion in 'Recipes and Cooking' started by KK Ng, Jan 24, 2022.

1. KK Ng

KK Ng Hardy Maple

Can you remember the luffa or is it loofah, anyway the one I had in August last year. It just keep on growing and growing. The more I trim it the more shoots it produce. Then I remembered my grandma told me that in China they use to eat the shoots as a vegetable. So I asked my wife if she would like to try it and we did :)

It tasted pleasant and it had a nice texture. It is simple to prepare and this is how I cook it.

Yes that is me :D

I decided to post it on you tube because I wanted to share it. Then I thought why not video all the recipes I have so that I do not have to worry about losing them if something happened to my computer. My friends can also refer to you tube if they want a recipe from me and I can share with the world :D I'll be uploading a new video on a weekly basis :)

So this is the link to my channel KK Ng - I Cook - YouTube

eileen likes this.
  2. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

Terima kasih.
    That was nice to watch, my Bride thought that everything looked so neat. It was good to see your garden before you started cooking.

3. Droopy

Droopy Slug Slaughterer Plants Contributor

My, that luffa can grow! Thanks for sharing your experiment. I really like that you film your cooking and put it on YouTube. *off to subscribe to your channel*

4. mart

mart Strong Ash

I knew that luffah were edible but I have not tried growing them ! Will watch this tomorrow !

5. KK Ng

KK Ng Hardy Maple

Thanks Sjoerd, I am glad that you and your bride enjoy it, thanks for your support :)

Thanks Droopy, that luffa shocked me too when it just keep on growing :) This is a different variety from the type I normally grow.
    Glad you like my video and thanks for your support.

Mart normally people eat the luffah fruits and it is very popular in South East Asia. For the shoots it is a first time for me. They don't sell the shoots in the market here, I think they wither too fast. Thanks for watching the video. :)

Droopy likes this.