Recent Entries to this Blog
My DYI, Cooking and Gardening Blog
Category: food | Posted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 4:06 pm
This recipe can be used for preparing "meatball" for all kind of dishes - stews, soups, BBQ or anything. Unlike the soy based "meat" this one is really tasty ;) Here we go:
For preparing 500g mince:
- 200 g cheese (veg. cheese is fine as well)
- 3-4 eggs (vegans can replace them with smashed banana and soy milk)
- 50g breadcrumbs
- 100g wheat bran or oat bran
Shred the chees and mix it with the eggs, breadcrumbs and wheat.
Add spicies - more than you would put in real mince. I use the following:
- black pepper
- red pepper
- chopped onion
Form the meatballs using some more breadcrumbs to keep them stick and you are ready - you can fry them, cook or bake them. Most people will not recognize the meatballs have no meat.
Last edited: Thu Oct 29, 2009 4:07 pm
This blog entry has been viewed 274 times
Indian Rice With Mushrooms and Vegetables
Category: food | Posted: Wed May 13, 2009 3:44 pm
I love the Asian kitchen. Here's one recipe (I have amended the original one to make it simpler) for South Indian rice.
1 cup of rice
1 chopped onion
2-3 chopped carrots
2-3 cloves garlic
2-3 small peppers
a half vegetable marrow, finely chopped (depending on the season you can replace it with a cucumber or any other vegetable)
soy sauce, salt, black peppers, ginger, garam masala
1. Cook the rice.
2. In a wok or deep pan fry the mushrooms
3. Add the vegetables and fry for a minute
4. Add the two eggs in the mix, stir and fry until the eggs are fried. Note that the eggs should get teared on small pieces, NOT to be fried as a whole
5. Add some soy sauce and stir
6. Add the rice, other spices and fry for 2-3 mins
The rice is ready!
This blog entry has been viewed 283 times
You're reading one of many blogs on GardenStew.com.
Register for free and start your own blog today.