Recent Entries to this Blog
Project Tomato - Update
Since I had a problem with plant 1, I had just wanted to dig it up to check for beetle grubs. Just a couple of months ago most of my potted plants were plagued with those ewe disgusting grubs.
A day after returning from my road trip, while I was making a small trench around my aubergine plant to add in some pelletised chicken dung, I caught 2 of those varmints. That prompted to dig out the tomato plant 1 to check for grubs.
Plant before inspection ( photo / image / picture from KK Ng's Garden )
Looking at the picture now, it looks like the plant is recovering ... hmm maybe I should left it alone.
the roots ( photo / image / picture from KK Ng's Garden )
After cleaning the roots clean of all earth, there was no disgusting grubs in sight. I felt relived, I guess having to deal with so many of these grubs, I had developed a phobia.
Epsom salt & compost added ( photo / image / picture from KK Ng's Garden )
Before burying the roots completely, I added Epsom salt and some compost as a recovery medication.
Done ( photo / image / picture from KK Ng's Garden )
I removed some of the lower leaves and planted it deeper. Now I guess it is waiting time.
Happy plants ( photo / image / picture from KK Ng's Garden )
Plant 2 & 3 are doing well and they are happy. Plant 2 is the same species as plant 1.
First toms plant 2 ( photo / image / picture from KK Ng's Garden )
Plant 2 have fruits already and plant 3 is flowering.
Plant 1, 2 & 3 ( photo / image / picture from KK Ng's Garden )
Plant 3 is over 3 feet, plant 2 about 3 feet and plant 1 is way under 3 feet.
This blog entry has been viewed 477 times
You're reading one of many blogs on GardenStew.com.
Register for free and start your own blog today.
Wow I feel so sorry for plant 1 KK. I hope it can recover after its treatment!
I have no idea Frank, I think I should be more patience