Recent Entries to this Blog
It all starts with a list
1. Make a list of plants required for the beautification of specific areas of the garden.
2. Take list with you to the garden center.
3. Remove list from purse and read it to remind you of what you came to get.
4. Find have to have plant, put in cart
5. Read list again to remind you of your mission.
6,8 and 10 Repeat step 4
7 and 9. Repeat step 5
11. Accidently loose list while picking up the 5th must have plant that is not on the aforementioned list so what do you need that silly list for anyway.
12. Bring home plants, sneak them into backyard. Oh darn, I forgot that Randy reads my blog entries. Hi, honey.
13 and the funnest step of all....find new homes for the plants and dig in.
Todays newest arrivals to my garden are..
4 red Petunias....now planted in the wheelbarrow
4 Alchemilla vulgaris - Lady's Mantle...planted in front of the Iris that are in front of the picket fence.
2 Double Hollyhocks - Golden Yellow...planted in front of the Fig Tree.
2 Coronette Snapdragons - Solstice Gold tricolor..planted in front of the other three snapdragons.
1 Eustoma grandiflorum - Bluebell....planted in the faere dish garden with the clover that wintered over.
4 orange Cosmos that are going along one side of the bloom house
4 Fiber Optic Grass - Isolepis cernus....will be planted in front of the Cosmos
4 Ajuga - chocolate chip....haven't decided where they will go yet.
This blog entry has been viewed 692 times
You're reading one of many blogs on GardenStew.com.
Register for free and start your own blog today.
Awww, and the list started off so nice and organised :) I have this image of you in the garden centre Toni, the look of plant possession in your eyes.
Now that's the kind of list I like making lists and will be taking one to Holland with me - about the length of a toilet roll at present!! The list will last five minutes as soon as I set eyes on all the lovely plants over there they'll all become must haves. So glad we have a big 4x4 as it can hold sooooo many goodies. LOL
I gave up writing lists Toni. I always ended up with everything EXCEPT what was on my list anyway!
Me too, I buy what catches my eye, although I usually at least try to make sure it grows here.
Sounds like my kinda day toni.I get what I like and have fun.
I love that fiber optic. Heck, I love it all. I usually get everything on my list and then other stuff also. There's no hiding it from hubby though. I bring him along to do the "toting." And the paying of course.
Sometimes I manage to make a list but usually try to leave it home on the kitchen table. I see you bought Lady's Mantle - good choice. It is one of my favorites and I have some of it in almost ever flower bed.
Entries by Category All Categories
Archives All Entries